- There are no great men, only great challenges that ordinary men are forced by circumstances to meet.
- William F. Halsey
- People of mediocre ability sometimes achieve outstanding success because they don't know when to quit. Most men succeed because they are determined to.
- George E. Allen
- Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of men of old; seek what they sought
- Matsuo Basho
- I forget who it was that recommended men for their soul's good to do each day two things they disliked...it is a precept that I have followed scrupulously; for every day I have got up and I have gone to bed.
- W. Somerset Maugham
- So long as there are men there will be wars
- Albert Einstein
- Retirement is like a long vacation in Las Vegas. The goal is to enjoy it the fullest, but not so fully that you run out of money.
- Jonathan Clements
- Thank God every day when you get up that you have something to do that day which must be done whether you like it or not. Being forced to work and forced to do your best will breed in you temperance and self-control, diligence and strength of will, cheerfulness and content, and a hundred virtues which the idle will never know.
- Basil Carpenter
- Only the wisest and stupidest of men never change.
- It isn't the burdens of today that drive men mad. It is the regrets of yesterday and the fear of tomorrow. Regret and fear are twin thieves that rob us of today.
- Robert Hastings
- I have never liked working. To me a job is an invasion of privacy
- Danny McGoorty
- "If it weren't for marriage, men would spend their lives thinking they had no faults at all."
- Thinking men cannot be ruled.
- Ayn Rand
- A man in the house is worth two in the street.
- Mae West
- I love men, even though they're lying, cheating scumbags.
- Gwyneth Paltrow
- All men are not homeless, but some men are home less than others.
- Henry Youngman
- This guy says, 'I'm perfect for you, because I'm a cross between a macho and a sensitive man.'
I said, 'Oh, a gay trucker?'
- Judy Tenuta
- If you never want to see a man again, say, 'I love you, I want to marry you. I want to have children...' - they leave skid marks.
- Rita Rudner
- To attract men, I wear a perfume called 'New Car Interior'.
- Rita Rudner
- I never hated a man enough to give him his diamonds back.
- Zsa Zsa Gabor
Mens Quotes Page 7