- A man can be short and dumpy and getting bald but if he has fire, women will like him.
- Mae West
- My theory is that men are no more liberated than women.
- Indira Gandhi
- All men are not slimy warthogs. Some men are silly giraffes, some woebegone puppies, some insecure frogs. But if one is not careful, those slimy warthogs can ruin it for all the others.
- Cynthia Heimel
- If the world were a logical place, men would ride side saddle.
- Rita Mae Brown
- The rule in the women's colleges was that after 7 p.m. all men were beasts. Up until 7 p.m. they were all angels, and the girls simply had to learn to live with that routine and practise love in the afternoon.
- Harry G. Johnson
- Can you imagine a world without men? No crime and lots of happy fat women.
- Attributed to both Marion Smith and Nicole Hollander
- When a man of forty falls in love with a girl of twenty, it isn't her youth he is seeking but his own.
- Lenore Coffee
- No nice men are good at getting taxis.
- Katherine Whitehorn, the Observer, 1977
- The first time you buy a house you see how pretty the paint is and buy it. The second time you look to see if the basement has termites. It's the same with men.
- Lupe Velez
- Women's Liberation is just a lot of foolishness. It's the men who are discriminated against. They can't bear children. And no one's likely to do anything about that.
- Golda Meir
- Women speak because they wish to speak, whereas a man speaks only when driven to speech by something outside himself - like, for instance, he can't find any clean socks.
- Jean Kerr, The Snake Has All the Lines, 1960
- The tragedy of machismo is that a man is never quite man enough.
- Germaine Greer
- All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
- Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest
- I want a man who's kind and understanding. Is that too much to ask of a millionaire?
- Zsa Zsa Gabor
- Part of the reason that men seem so much less loving than women is that men's behavior is measured with a feminine ruler.
- Francesca M. Cancian
Mens Quotes Page 3